Friday, March 7, 2014

Even in the Courthouse...

You can't escape Gold Leaf Design Group. We continue to pop up in the most unexpected of places. After dodging / delaying my summons a couple of times (I had a catalog to put together), I finally fulfilled my civic obligation and made my way to the Cook County Courthouse in Maywood...on the snowiest day we'd had in a couple of hours. (It has been very snowy...maybe you've noticed?)

I on the far northeast side of Chicago. Google maps said it would take 35 minutes to get in with no traffic. I tripled that time, giving myself over an hour and a half...and still I was late. I was not the latest to arrive. I think everyone was forgiving.

After receiving the waiting room instructions and unpacking my computer to do a bit of work I spied the Victoria magazine. "Oh," I thought "we were to be in that. Hmmm...I don't think I ever saw the actual publication...what are the odds that...."

And there we were.

It makes the 4 hour round trip journey + sitting in a jury room for 7 hours worth it.
Almost.

Sort of.





No comments:

Post a Comment